While Jesus was still with his disciples he unveiled his plan by saying, “. . . I will build my church.” We exist by the express will and purpose of Jesus. We are not a religious organization, a social club, or a human venture, but an active, dynamic body of people who love God and each other, and want to share that love with others. We are family.
Families are curious things. They are full of imperfect people who belong to each other. That describes us: imperfect people who belong to each other in Jesus.
Joining our church family means joining our pursuit of God and advancing God’s Kingdom in this world. We invite you to think carefully about this commitment.
Here are the steps to becoming a member:
- You must have accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior and have been baptized by immersion.
- Complete the membership application and either give it to an usher, or turn it in to the church office. One of our Elders will contact you for an interview. During the interview he will discuss with you such things as: agreement in doctrine, your personal testimony about your salvation, baptism, and other facets of the Christian life. He will also discuss some of the mutual responsibilities of membership and give you an opportunity to ask questions about Bethel.
- Upon recommendation of the Elders, the Pastor will present your name to the congregation to be voted on for membership.
- You will be publicly welcomed into the membership at the conclusion of the next communion service.
- You can print a membership application from your own computer by downloading this membership application or by picking up an application from the Information Table in the church foyer. For more information, please visit our Contact page.