- Click here for a copy of the Elders' Guidelines for attending indoor services.
- We have 2 identical services each Sunday, 9:30 & 11 am.
- Kid's Corner during the 11 am sermon. Follow the smiling leaders outside for kids time.
- You can give online, or there is a box in the lobby.
- For COVID-19 information, to receive help or if you want to help, please visit: www.betheljackson.org/covid-19
- If you're new with us, check out our Starting Point Class with Pastor Ken. This is a once a week online group meeting. You can sign up here: Starting Point
- Want to connect with others in a small group context? Check out our Online Groups!
- Interested in starting an online group to help people stay connected and growing? Please contact Patrick@betheljackson.org
- Want to give online? Simply go to www.betheljackson.org and click Give
- Please share the Facebook Live event on your personal page. You can get there by clicking here.
- If someone you know doesn't have a computer or the internet, you can check out our new feature called TeleSermon. Simply call the church phone number 517-787-8612 and listen to the prompts. You can then listen to the most recent sermons right on your phone... regardless if it's smart or not!😂*Sigh*... we crack ourselves up... So spread the word! You never know who might be helped by this great new feature!
—Have you ever felt shut out?
—Have you ever had someone break up with you?
—Have you ever had someone divorce you?
—Have you ever had someone cancel you?
—Have you ever had someone ghost you? un-friend/block
—Have you ever had someone attack your character?
—Have you ever had someone oppose you or judge you?
This happened to Phili: Outline: Philadelphia—Bethel—You
I—Philadelphia—though small God opened the door for them
Letters to each church have common elements:
2. Description of Christ
3. what they did right
4. what they did wrong
5. a correction
7. a promise to those who overcome
1—Greeting. 7a “And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write:
Background of Philadelphia…
—Grapes competing with Rome—Rome destroyed vineyards.
—Festivals and religious celebrations
2—Jesus’ Self-Identity. (7) ‘The words of the holy one, the true one, who has the key of David, who opens and no one will shut, who shuts and no one opens.
Jesus identified himself to the church at Philadelphia in words were not in the description of the original vision of John.
—holy one… Unmistakable assertion of deity of Christ to any who had an understanding of the Old Testament.
—the true one… one who speaks the truth… but is the authentic one. (Not one who slanders to harm)
—Has the key of David who opens and no one will shut, who shuts and no one will open—
—The powerful and oppressive synagogue claimed to speak for God… Jesus said; “I am the holy one from God.”
—The synagogue claimed authenticity—he said, “I am the true one…” the authentic one.
—The synagogue threatened to bar people from its membership—and from God. He said, “I have the keys to who is in and who is out. He is holy, sovereign, true and in control and has nothing bad to say about this church. “No one comes to the Father but by me.” “There is not other name under heaven…”
—Listen to me… some of you are underemployed and would like to have an opportunity—a door to open to a new job…
—Some of you are under resourced and you would like to have an opportunity to have more money.. he can open the door…
—Some of you are single and would like to have an opportunity to marry happily. He can open the door…
—relationally shut out.. he can open the door…
—Some of you wrestle with a dark temptation, lust, worry, greed, self-rejection…. anger. —He can open the door…
—Some of you are spiritually confused—unsure… lacking in spiritual confidence… He can open heavens door!
3—What they did right. (8-11a)
—nothing escapes him—I know your deeds/works
—He has welcomed them and will use them. “Behold I have set before you an open door…”
—He blessed her even though she was a small church. “I know that you have little (tiny) power…”
—They were marked by obedience, characterized by submission to god as all true believers. “You have kept my word about patient endurance…”
—They were loyal. “You have not denied my name…”
Hear this well. If something is at his feet and you are at his feet something is at your feet!
“Because you have kept my word about patient endurance, I will keep you from the hour of trial that is coming on the whole world, to try those who dwell on the earth.” (Revelation 3:10, ESV)
4—What they did wrong…. (No condemnation)
5—What He wants them to do. (11) Hold fast what you have…
6—Warning …no one may seize your crown
7—Promise to those who Overcome. (12)
—Our name on a pillar in the temple… make him a pillar in the temple of god forever.
—God’s name written on us. I will write upon him the name of my god… ownership
—name of the city written on us—everlasting citizenship… ultimate and eternal citizenship—belonging.
—name of God’s new name written on us…
(13) Are you listening? (ill) Margaret Feinberg—visiting with a shepherd—we have to whisper now because if they hear my voice they will all come running at once…. (John 10:3-5, 27) The voice of the shepherd and the voice of a stranger...
II—Bethel—God open the door for Bethel
III—You—will you trust God and believe God to open doors in your life?
Have you ever felt shut out
Have you ever had someone break up with you?
Have you ever had someone divorce you?
Have you ever had someone cancel you?
Have you ever had someone ghost you?
Have you ever had someone attack you or malign your character
YOU: If Jesus opens the door for you:
1. It does not matter how big your enemies are or how small you are.
2. It does not matter how strong your enemies are or how weak you are.
3. It does not matter how numerous your enemies are or how few your allies are
4. It does not matter how wealthy your enemies are or how poor you are. (ill) Preacher Bill-Kentucky Mountain Mission for 65 years! Milk Money for daughter- a boy tithing from his paper-route.
5. If he loves you it does not matter who hates you. (9) Jesus loves you.
6. If Jesus cherishes you, it does not matter who slanders you.